General Waxing Considerations: These precautions are highly recommended to prevent possible skin damage and development of hyperpigmentations. Waxing removes 20%-30% of the epidermis (epidermis is the top layer of your skin). Improper waxing can damage skin and break off hairs as opposed to removing them by their roots, from the follicle.
Things you should know before and after a wax service:
- Cease shaving or tweezing the area to be waxed at least 2 to 4 weeks in advance.
- Avoid physically or chemically exfoliating at least 48 hours prior to the waxing service to avoid skin sensitivity.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure at least 48 hours prior to the waxing service.
- Wear loose clothing in case the skin is sensitive after the appointment.
- Book waxing appointments to occur at least 48 hours prior to special occasions or vacations in case of an adverse reactions.
- Do not apply makeup, other than loose powder, for two hours after facial waxing.
- Do not apply highly fragrant oils or lotions over the waxed areas.
- Avoid excessively hot showers, saunas or steam rooms for several hours after waxing.
- Do not use harsh or detergent soaps over waxed areas immediately following the service.
- Avoid exposing the waxed areas to sun or tanning beds for at least 24 hours following the service.
- Discontinue use of physical or chemical exfoliates for 24 hours following the service.